Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted by A. Random Hapa
I’ve been sequestered in my apartment for the past week, mostly catching up on projects at home and episodes of Man v. Food (the only episodes I have not seen now are the clip-based episodes, as they are not included with the DVDs). And of course, it’s about time I caught up with this blog.
This blog started with a cookie recipe… might as well restart it with one.
Most who know me know quite well that I’m an unrepentant chocoholic. I’m also a fan of toffee. When combined, they make a very happy hapa. The next two posts are going to feature desserts that combine the two.
from How To: Simplify
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (Hapa note: The cookie will be equally yummy with light. Use what you have).
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath Bar bits
Directions and (almost) step-by-step shots under the jump (Shots spliced from two different baking sessions).
4) Fold in chocolate chips and Heath Bar bits.
5) Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (or use an ice cream scooper) onto baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
Since my ice cream scoop is a large one, a tablespoon serves as my dropping tool. As you can see below, these guys get plenty of breathing room. Into the oven they go…
6) Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
And here’s the finished product. Simply delicious…